Another Quilt in the making

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Drum roll please ...

Introducing...
                                                  Ruby!!!!


This is what I bought on our 'shop hop'!  I had no intention of buying a 221 Featherweight - it just spoke to me in the quilt shop!  I bought her at The Tangled Thread in Lyden WA.
I just walked by her and had to go back and look, then I touched her, and thought - ummmm? How much is she...
then I thought, and thought some more, called up my bestie in Illinois who has several Featherweights. Asked her if the price was right - and Nanci said - 'I've never seen a white one - the price seems fair!  So, Ruby came home with me :)  I am now going to google everything about her so I can learn more about what I was so lucky to get on our 'shop hop'.  Yahoo!!!!
A fact that I just learned...
In Great Britain a white Featherweight was sold, which was made in Scotland. Some "mint green" machines are also rumored to have been made, but opinions vary over whether this was really a green machine or merely a white one with a green tinge to the paint. Larry Oliver, a Featherweight collector on Compuserve, wrote to me: "I have seen a tan machine and a mint green machine (definitely NOT white). They were Great Britain models.
I also learned that mine was made in 1964 in Scotland at the Kilbowie Plant - thus the 221K




No comments:

Post a Comment